Thursday, October 9, 2008

Italian Adventures

I've been researching Naples and Italy online. Not for anything important (like where to live or buy groceries), but just to get an idea of what kind of biking they have in the area. I came upon a bike group out of Naples that is really into 'Urban Downhill Riding'. I've seen this stuff in magazines featuring urban European riding, rolling through alleys/steets that are barely wider than your handle barstight, over cobble stone streets older than the USA. Here is a sample from the club I found...neat stuff:


The videos provide some sense of what the city of Napoli looks like...makes me excited! Here's more:


I've always wanted to go mountain biking at Mt St Helens, but I've never had the opportunity... But Napoli has Vesuvius! Here's the climb: 1000 meters! Holy shnickeys! My a$$ needs to get in shape...or will get in shape!

No comments: